FLEXlm is the most popular license management tool on the market today.
It allows software to "float" on a network and not be tied to one
particular machine. This involves a server-client relationship that
requires a client machine to first successfully check out a license from
the server in order for an application to be used on that client machine.
The criteria for checking out a license can vary according to how the
license management is configured.|
- lmcksum Prints license checksums
- lmdiag Diagnoses license checkout problems
- lmdown Shuts down all license daemons (both lmgrd and all vendor daemons) on the license server node (or on all three nodes in the case of three-server redundant servers)
- lmdebug Places license status, debug information, and license debug log output in a single file for troubleshooting purposes
- lmhostid Reports the hostid of a system
- lmremove Releases a hung license to the pool of free licenses
- lmstat Displays the status of a license server. (When used with the a flag, this utility will display all of the features that have been checked out, by which user, and on which machine.)
- lmstart Ends existing license manager processes and starts a new license manager process (restarting the License Manager)
- lmver Reports the FLEXlm version of a library or binary file